At the best of times, the mortgage market can be a bewildering place. With a number of significant changes since the banking crisis of 2007, mortgage applications have more drawn out and complicated. The affordable housing sector brings with it an additional element of complexity and not only is independent advice crucial but also specialist knowledge. Choosing the wrong lender can be time-consuming and costly, equally choosing a legal adviser with familiarity and knowledge of the sector is equally important.
Lenders have very different attitudes to the types of scheme they will consider and the terms they are prepared to offer. Some will lend on shared ownership and some won’t. Some will lend at 95% loan to value whilst others will restrict to lending to 75% loan to value. Additionally, some lenders recognise the services offered through specialist advisers by making exclusive mortgage products available on preferential terms. Similar products are not generally available on the high street.
With this in mind, we have drawn together a panel of mortgage advisers with specialist knowledge of shared ownership. The services is available to potential buyers and include:
- carrying out an initial free financial assessment to establish general affordability and to provide an indication of both set up and ongoing monthly costs
- assisting with identifying a suitable lender and submitting the mortgage application on your behalf
- providing a full progress chasing service liaising closely with the housing association or housing provider, mortgage lender and the solicitor handling the legal aspects of the transaction
- following the mortgage closely through to completion (moving-in), providing updates as required and being on hand to trouble shoot any problems that may occur
- providing an after-care service throughout the life time of the mortgage to deal with any future mortgage-related requirements
To start the process and to obtain a free financial assessment simply complete the contact details below, press send and we will arrange for one of the advisers to contact you.